Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager Job Description
Reports to: Managing Director
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Location: Field Based and Worcester Park
Trinity Homecare seeks an outward going and proactive Business Development Manager to promote awareness of our service in order to increase client and carer leads. The objective of the role is twofold:
1. Develop new client business
- Increase leads into the business by developing a strong local network that is fully aligned to deliver our revenue growth targets.
- Develop long term relationships that support sustainable growth and move our revenue mix further towards self-funding clients (private pay).
2. Develop staff recruitment
- Support marketing initiatives targeted towards recruitment.
- Liaise with the telemarketing manager, care assessment managers and care managers to ensure efforts are focused on generating leads that can be converted.
You will have targets which will be agreed with the Managing Director and Head of Operations that will be reviewed quarterly.
a) Planning & Research (clients and staff) – c15%
- Develop and support market research initiatives into new markets, services or recruitment propositions
- Research potential new referral sources for self-funders including:
- Professional referrers (e.g. discharge planners, district nurses, OTs, GPs)
- Community referrers (e.g. charities, Alzheimer’s café)
- Affinity partners (e.g. telecare providers, other care providers)
- Manage the development of our CRM system to include data management, segmentation and list development for marketing and communication purposes
- Provide relevant feedback on local competition and be our eyes and ears in the community to inform our plans for both recruitment and client marketing.
- Provide input into our marketing budget and long term plans working closely with other stakeholders to ensure an effective approach across all marketing channels.
- Provide input into our marketing collateral and sales processes.
b) Execution – c75%
- Sell Trinity Homecare as a provider of choice, positioning our unique selling points (USPs) and utilising our literature and branded material.
- Refine our local marketing tool kit for each service so we have a blueprint for launching into new geographic areas.
- Actively contact new referral sources, schedule meetings and develop strong relationships to promote awareness of our services and drive enquiry volumes (for staff and clients)
- Attend initial meetings and follow up meetings with local businesss and community groups to build relationships and drive referral volumes to the business.
- Routinely complete follow up calls on a timely basis, documenting accurate and
- effective notes.
- Attend and represent Trinity Homecare at selected external events that raise our profile and generate new leads.
- Report weekly on activity and outcomes so we can measure progress
- Maintain our CRM/marketing contact database of potential referral partners e.g. district nurses, discharge planners, GPs, community organisations, charities, affinity partners, others.
Evaluation and Optimisation (10%)
- Track the effectiveness of the sales and marketing plan and activities by analyzing data so we have insight into cost of client acquisition and cost of recruitment by channel.
- Measure the impact and benefits of our local referral marketing by analyzing data.
- Optimise plans and activities based on results and insight to ensure value for money.
Depending on your skills set and background you may be requested to:
- Develop and maintain relations with local media and negotiate pricing for promotional packages.
- Liaise with external agencies including designers, printers and content writers to create flyers, adverts, press releases & other outreach materials.
- Coordinate the placement of adverts and leaflet drops.
- Manage and deliver email marketing as required.
- Assist with other aspects of marketing and business development as directed by the Managing Director.
Confidence, Communication & Interpersonal Skills
You must have strong communication skills in order to communicate, present, assert and speak to all the different stakeholders involved, both internally and externally. You must also be able to cold call prospects with confidence in order to arrange appointments and generate leads. You must create a positive image of yourself and the company on your visits and be able to concisely and accurately articulate the outputs and actions of your visits to the Care Managers.
You should have good writing skills and be able to create presentations. Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
You must be able to use your initiative and be a self-starter.
You must be able to collaborate with multiple parties from inside and outside the company in order to build relationships, influence, manage conflicts and navigate through office politics in order to get things done.
Local knowledge and relationships in the local community would be beneficial.
Negotiation & Persuasion skills
You must be caring, tactful and diplomatic at all times but be able to get commitments from others. You will need to be passionate about our service to win hearts, minds, and trust but remain focused on the objectives of the role.
Planning, Organising & Time Management
You must be able to plan and organise your own time to maximise effectiveness of visits and post visit follow-ups. An ability to plan and prioritise tasks to optimise outcomes is essential. You should be comfortable managing projects to time and budget.
Research & Analysis
You should have strong research and analysis skills.
You should have a good level of commercial awareness and be comfortable dealing with numbers and spreadsheets in order to make strong recommendations and decisions about how to invest your time and our marketing budget.
You must have a high competency working with Microsoft Office including Word, Powerpoint and Excel as well as a level of familiarisation with CRM software.
Knowledge of Google Analytics, email marketing software (e.g. Campaign Monitor) and content management systems (e.g. WordPress) would be advantageous.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com