- To coordinate and schedule the delivery of care to clients. To take responsibility for creating and optimising the staff rotas ensuring efficient service allocation so that customer and staff satisfaction is maintained.
- To ensure that high quality standards of care are delivered and maintained by working closely with Team Leaders and the Senior Carers in the field to ensure that suitably qualified care workers are assigned to calls and that high levels of customer service are maintained.
- To support the Registered Care Manager and to deliver the quality and growth objectives for the business.
Scheduling and Rostering
- To take responsibility for the continuity of care to clients and to ensure client bookings are assigned/covered at all times
- To optimise efficiency of the staff schedules and rotas, taking into account time and distance between calls, geography/location, care worker and client preferences and other relevant factors
- Roster all staff training and shadowing onto People Planner and care worker rotas to ensure staff remain consistently compliant and update training is completed in a timely manner in line with CQC regulations and company Policy and Procedure.
- Templating – Once trained on People Planner (rostering system), to template new and existing packages to maximise efficiency and reduce the need for call covering on a daily basis.
- To ensure that staff rotas are issued each week on a timely basis to a high standard, minimising the amount of rescheduling required
- Dealing with changes to rotas throughout the week as a result of changes in customer requirements or staff availability
- To work with the Care Manager and placement officers of social services and the continuing care team to take on new clients and meet the growth targets for the business, ensuring that Care Worer and client preferences are met as best as possible
- To ensure that newly recruited members of staff are assigned work on completion of their employment checks and training, minimising the time it takes to build their weekly hours in line with their availability
- To ensure changes are made to the master rota and staff rotas are accurately reflected in People Planner (rostering system) on a timely basis so that accurate payroll and invoice data can be generated
- Be accountable for recording and reporting any compliments/complaints, actions and updates on the in-house database.
- Report and escalate complaints or potential safeguarding issues to Line Manager in line with company Policy and Procedure.
- Revert to Trinity’s Business Contingency Plan where there is a crisis i.e. weather, severe illness, epidemic etc in line with company policy and procedure.
- Respond to clients’ illness by contacting GP/ambulance service/next of kin and record action taken. Report action and outcome to Registered Manager and other involved parties.
- Systematically solve day to day problematical issues which arise.
- Comfortable operating in a ‘soft’ sales capacity in order to take new client referrals, explain our services comprehensively and follow up on all such client enquiries professionally in accordance with the company’s operating processes and growth expectations
- To capture and record all new enquiries in accordance with Trinity processes.
Conducting Care Assessments
- Conducting care assessments and risk assessments with the support of the Care Manager for new and existing clients in the absence of the Team Leader.
- To liaise with and work closely with the Team Leaders and other members of staff and clients.
- Record all relevant communication on People Planner or in paper files as necessary to ensure that information of events and conversations are held centrally and can be used as part of reporting if necessary.
- Creative effective lines of communication with all key stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept up to date with changes.
- To participate in the on call rota, acting as the first point of contact for client or care worker issues.
- To resolve rota and other issues whilst on call to ensure the care calls are covered and the quality of care is maintained.
- Record and report all actions undertaken whilst on call on People Planner.
- To take responsibility for office administration tasks as requested by the Care Manager or Directors of the company.
- To develop effective working relationships with the Care Manager, Team Leader(s) and other members of the office team.
- To take on the responsibilities of a Team Leader on an occasional basis as requested by the Care Manager or a Director of the company.
- To assist the Care Manager and Directors in other aspects of the business as required.
- To assist with recruitment – interviewing, recruitment administration and taking enquiry calls in the absence of the Recruitment and HR Administrator.
- To assist with the coordination of training as part of scheduling and rostering accountability.
- To undertake any other responsibilities and duties as appropriate to the nature and salary grade for the post.
Following procedures and guidance
- Maintaining awareness – understanding and adhering to Company policies and procedures and CQC requirements.
- Attending training sessions as required.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering email stating why you are interested in the Care Coordinator job to firstname.lastname@example.org.