Team Leader / Care Supervisor Job (Worcester Park)
The care supervision job in Worcester Park is no longer vacant. Please contact us about similar roles.
Due to expansion, Trinity Homecare are looking for a Team Leader/ Care Supervisor to join us and be part of our success story. If you are an existing Senior Care Worker or already a Team Leader and supporting your colleagues and ensuring you deliver high quality care to your clients is at the forefront of what you do, then we’d like to hear from you.
- To lead and mentor a team of senior care workers and care workers, ensuring that high standards of care are delivered at all times.
- To carry out assessments, reviews, appraisals and spot checks in line with all current legislation and Company policies, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis
- To support and work with the Registered Manager to ensure that CQC regulations are followed and Company policies and procedures are adhered to for our clients and care workers.
- To support the Registered Manager and Directors deliver the growth targets for the business.
- To deputise for the Registered Manager during their absence
- To participate in the on call rota as part of the team – pay for this is additional to basic salary
Deliver high quality personal care and support to clients
- Deliver companionship, support services and personal care according to the client personal support plan (when required) and in accordance with current best practices.
To supervise and mentor Senior Care Workers and new care workers
- To support a team of Senior Care Workers and be first line of call before escalation to Registered Manager is required.
- Assist with the training and assessing of new staff in the field
- Provide practical training and work shadowing for new staff
- Introduce new care workers to clients
- Supervise the activities of senior carers ensuring that mini reviews and quality checks are completed on a timely basis and to the required standard
- Act as a mentor to senior carers and care workers, leading by example
- Conduct timely spot checks in line with Trinity’s supervision policy
- Manage conflict amongst staff
- Input to and lead staff meetings when required
Manage Ongoing Client Relationships
- Monitor and ensure quality of care for clients
- Monitor and note the general health of the client and their circumstances
- Take the lead responsibility for allocated client documentation ensuring care plans and client files are kept accurate and up to date
- Conduct client reviews and case conferences as required, obtaining input from other relevant parties such as family members and other health professionals as necessary
- Complete care needs and risk assessments for new clients to a high standard
- Update care assessments and risk assessments as required
- Ensure risk assessments including medication risk assessments are being followed
- Attend meetings with other agencies involved with the client e.g. Care Managers/Age Concern/Community Psychiatric Nurse/clients’ families to review and recommend changes to the care packages as required
- Listen and work closely with clients, their advocates and NOK to ensure Company provides a high standard of care, liaising with the Case Manager, Registered Care Manager, GPs and district nurses and other bodies as required
- Support the implementation of Trinity’s policies and procedures and maintenance of standards required by relevant legislation
- To take responsibility for the reception and initial investigation of complaints, and recording their progress for allocated clients
- Escalate and report issues to the Registered Manager
- To be part of the on call rota, acting as the first point of contact for client or care worker issues as required by the Registered Manager
- To resolve rota and other issues whilst on call to ensure the care calls are covered and the quality of care is maintained.
Trinity Homecare aim to be the provider of choice and an employer of choice in Surrey. We expect all of our team to work to the same high standards. If you feel that you want a move or a change to a growing and forward thinking home care organisation and you have the necessary experience and skills then please apply today.
Please send your CV and a covering email explaining why you are interested in the Team Leader / Care Supervisor job to email@example.com