Care Coordinator job description
Due to expansion to new geographic areas, we are seeking 2 new care coordinators who really understand home care. Maybe you’ve been a care worker or senior care worker/Team Leader who would like to consider the coordinator role, or an existing coordinator who would like to move to a forward thinking and innovative home care company based in Surrey.
This role is predominantly office based – 37.5 hours per week, however it may be required that you visit clients in their home if/should the need arise i.e. considerable sickness or a crisis arises.
- To efficiently and effectively schedule the delivery of quality care to clients who receive support from our home care assistants in their own home.
- To ensure that our clients receive care at the right time by a suitably qualified person as agreed with them when we find out what they want from their care package at the assessment stage prior to us starting their package of care.
- To ensure that high quality standards of care are delivered and maintained by working closely with the rest of your team i.e. Care Manager, Registered Manager and senior care workers in the field.
- To support the Trinity business to deliver the growth targets for the business.
Scheduling and Rostering
- To take responsibility for the weekly planning of rotas for care staff.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure that all shadowing, induction training and update training, staff meetings, etc are scheduled into carers rotas.
- Ensure that staff training is updated as required to ensure a compliant staff team who are up to date with any current training requirements and legislative changes. Training is delivered by our in-house trainers.
- To ensure that staff rotas are issued each week on a timely basis to a high standard, minimising the amount of rescheduling required
- Dealing with amendments to rotas throughout the week as a result of changes in customer requirements or staff availability
- To work with the Care Manager and placement officers of social services and the continuing care team to take on new clients and meet the growth targets for the business
- To ensure that newly recruited members of staff are assigned work on completion of their employment checks and training, minimising the time it takes to build their weekly hours in line with their availability
- To ensure changes are made to the master rota and staff rotas are accurately reflected in People Planner (rostering system) on a timely basis so that accurate payroll and invoice data can be generated
- Be accountable for recording and reporting any compliments/complaints, actions and updates on the in-house database.
- Report and escalate complaints or potential safeguarding issues to Line Manager in line with company Policy and Procedure.
- Revert to Trinity’s Business Contingency Plan where there is a crisis i.e. weather, severe illness, epidemic etc in line with company policy and procedure.
- Comfortable operating in a ‘soft’ sales capacity in order to take new client referrals, explain our services comprehensively and follow up on all such client enquiries professionally in accordance with the company’s operating processes and growth expectations
- To capture and record all new enquiries in accordance with Trinity processes
- Respond to clients’ illness by contacting GP/ambulance service/next of kin and record action taken. Report action and outcome to Registered Manager and other involved parties
- Systematically solve day to day problematical issues which arise
- Strong customer service skills and an effective communicator.
- To participate in the on call rota, acting as the first point of contact for client or care worker issues – there is additional pay for on call.
- To resolve rota and other issues whilst on call to ensure the care calls are covered and the quality of care is maintained.
- Record and report all actions undertaken whilst on call on People Planner.
- To take responsibility for office administration tasks as requested by the Care Manager or Directors of the company
Following Procedures and Guidance
- Maintaining awareness – understanding and adhering to Company policies and procedures and CQC requirements
- Attending training sessions as required
- Participating in corporate and statutory initiatives as required
Salary c£22k plus benefits
If you feel that you could make a difference then please contact us today