Care Manager Job Description
Due to expansion in Kingston & New Malden, Trinity Homecare is looking for a new Care Manager to join us and be part of our success story. If you are an existing Team Leader or Deputy Manager with experience in home care and are ready for your next challenge then we’d like to hear from you.
About the role
- To lead and mentor a team of senior care workers and care workers, ensuring that quality standards of care are delivered at all times and that support is given in line with personal support plans
- To carry out and convert new assessments from private client referrals and social services referals.
- Assist with the shadowing, training and assessing of new staff in the field.
- Conduct reviews, appraisals and spot checks in line with all current legislation and Company policies, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Conduct supervisions, appraisals and support Trinity’s absence and holiday policy to ensure that there is sufficient staff rostered to cover client needs.
- To manage conflict if it arises amongst staff
- Input to and lead staff meetings if required.
- To support and work with the Registered Manager to ensure that CQC regulations are followed and Company policies and procedures are adhered to for our clients and care workers.
- Work closely with the coordinator to ensure that the business is safe and well lead.
- To support the Registered Manager and Directors deliver the growth targets for the business.
- To deputise for the Registered Manager during their absence
- To participate in the on call rota as part of the team – pay for this is additional to basic salary
Manage Ongoing Client Relationships
- Monitor and ensure quality of care for clients as well as their general health and circumstances
- Take the lead responsibility for allocated client documentation ensuring care plans and client files are kept accurate and up to date
- Conduct client reviews and case conferences as required, obtaining input from other relevant parties such as family members and other health professionals as necessary
- Complete care needs and risk assessments for new clients to a high standard
- Update care assessments and risk assessments as required
- Ensure risk assessments including medication risk assessments are being followed
- Attend meetings with other agencies involved with the client e.g. Care Managers/Age Concern/Community Psychiatric Nurse/clients’ families to review and recommend changes to the care packages as required
- Listen and work closely with clients, their advocates and Next of kin to ensure Company provides a high standard of care, liaising with the Case Manager, Registered Care Manager, GPs and district nurses and other bodies as required
- Support the implementation of Trinity’s policies and procedures and maintenance of standards required by relevant legislation
- To take responsibility for the reception and initial investigation of complaints, and recording their progress for allocated clients
- Escalate and report issues to the Registered Manager
- To be part of the on call rota, acting as the first point of contact for client or care worker issues as required by the Registered Manager
- To resolve rota and other issues whilst on call to ensure the care calls are covered and the quality of care is maintained.
Trinity Homecare aims to be the provider of choice and an employer of choice in Surrey and for that reason we expect all of our team to work to the same high standards. If you feel that you are ready for the next step or want to change to a growing and forward thinking home care organisation and you have the necessary experience and skills then please contact us today.
Call us today to apply!