In a recent poll 97% of people stated that they would prefer to remain in their own home than move into a residential care home. Live-in care enables just that. There are many situations where live-in care may be suitable whether you require companionship, assistance with personal care or have more intensive needs which require specialist care.
“We know that most people want to live in their own homes, amongst family, friends and community for as long as possible. Live-in homecare offers people the real option of doing just that.”
Bridget Warr, chief executive, UKHCA
Examples of situations where live-in care may be suitable:
- Where you require an extra pair of hands – a TrinityCarer can provide assistance with those things that may have become challenging such as driving, shopping and other daily personal routines and chores.
- Following a recent bereavement – a TrinityCarer can provide company and companionship, either short or long term.
- Post hospital discharge – where there is a dependence to have suitable support in place to help with rehabilitation.
- Leaving home – for younger adults attending university who require a personal assistant (PA).
- Home sweet home – where you have tried residential care but found that home is where your heart is.
- Changing hands – when you want to change from another care agency. Trinity will step in to ensure a smooth transition, with minimal disruption to the client.
- To stay together – For couples that wish to remain together within their own home. Live-in care can provide a cost effective solution as one carer is often able to look after both people.
- Time out – For partners, friends or family members who require respite care to enable them to take a much needed short break or holiday from caring for a loved one
The beauty of live-in care is that it is tailored specifically to the individual so you really get a bespoke service. Before commencing any care we would visit you in your home to understand your needs in more detail and understand the types of duties that a live-in carer could assist you with.
Managed and self-managed live-in care
Managed live-in home care
At Trinity Homecare, we provide two different types of live-in care: managed and self-managed.
Rated as “outstanding” by the CQC (Care Quality Commission), our Trinity-managed live-in home care service provides you and your loved ones with all the support you need. We provide a dedicated live-in carer to support you around the clock so you can continue to live safely and confidently in your own home.
With Trinity managed live-in care services, we are responsible for every element of your care and you have full-time support from our team seven days a week. This applies from the very outset of our home care service, firstly assessing your needs, then creating your bespoke care plan, and providing all the ongoing support you require in between.
We CareMatch you to a live-in carer and conduct regular supervisions and reviews. You will also have a dedicated care manager and full-time support from our care management team. With Trinity managed live-in care, our team is here to support your life’s journey every step of the way.
Self-managed live-in home care
Self-managed live-in home care is the second live-in care option that Trinity Homecare offer. Under our self-managed live-in care service, we act as an introduction agency, introducing self-employed live-in carers who are directly managed by you for an agreed period of time. Our self managed live-in home care services are available across the majority of England and Wales.
Carers who are introduced to you by our self-managed service are self-employed. Trinity Homecare invoices you for an introduction fee and then an ongoing agency fee throughout the period of care.
You will be responsible for paying the live-in carer directly and providing them with ongoing information about routine and requirements. Each carer works for a defined booking period – usually for up to eight weeks – and then hands over to a replacement in accordance with a booking schedule managed by your Trinity care manager.
Please note: Under our Self-managed live-in home care service, we are unable to influence care delivery or manage personal support plans. If you require us to do this, then please contact us regarding our Trinity-managed live-in home care service which may be more appropriate in your circumstances.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the difference between our managed, and self-managed live-in care service then book a call today, to speak with one of our consultants.
Book a call with us today