TrinityCarers created a weekend spa to pamper Sarah at home
Most young women love a pampering session; getting their hair, nails and makeup done and feeling spoilt. Sarah, aged 22, is no exception – the only difference is that she has congenital cerebral palsy and it’s her care workers who do the pampering.
Physically, Sarah is severely restricted and just has some movement in her arms and head. Her speech is also very limited, which means her carers have to find their own language to communicate with her. Sarah is mentally active though; she remembers -and enjoys – being with lots of different kinds of people. She was able to take on a job in the summer, serving ice creams at one of her parents’ pubs, a role she relished.
Sarah attends a residential school for most of the year but comes home every other weekend and for the holidays, which is when Trinity steps in to offer support. Two carers come in twice a day to help her up in the morning and put her to bed at night. She loves art and listening to music, which her carers build into their time together.
After working with Sarah for several years, her carers know her very well and have built up a great relationship with her. When another Trinity team member visited recently for a regular review, they said:
It felt just like walking into a pyjama party!
Everyone was having a great time and the person having the most fun? Sarah of course.
At Trinity Homecare, we’ve been caring for people with Cerebral Palsy for over 25 years. We understand Cerebral Palsy affects everyone differently and we know just how important it is to tailor our care around your exact symptoms. That’s why all of our care is centred around listening to you and your needs.
Once our team understands exactly what you require from our Cerebral Palsy care services, we create a bespoke care plan so you can live life as you choose. We also believe that outstanding care begins and ends with friendship and connection. That’s why we take the time to find out all about you before matching you with just the perfect person for you and your lifestyle.
Our range of home care services are designed to enrich the lives of our clients. We can help you with a whole range of activities:
- Help with your personal routine – washing, dressing, preparing healthy food and exercising
- Support learning new skills, education or work aspirations
- Companionship for the theatre, the movies, out for dinner or any other social outing
- Liaise with you and your family on any developing or changing needs
- Support with any feeding, or sleeping issues
- Help with any needed language development
- Organising and liaising with medical and hospital appointments
- Helping you plan and take holidays and weekend break
- …or just like Sarah, you can request a pampering session too!