Live-in carers provide compassionate at-home care to support independent living.
What is a live-in carer?
A live-in carer is a professional caregiver who provides care and support to people in the comfort of their own homes. A live-in carer, as the name suggests, involves a professional carer living in the home with the individual they care for. Live-in care enables the carer to give personalised one-to-one support to the individual whenever they need it.
Usually, a live-in carer will care for the individual during the daytime when the client is awake. In some situations, nighttime care is also required, this is often called 24-hour home care. In this situation, a second carer will come to the home to work the night shift, ensuring that there is a responsive, alert and on-shift carer able to assist the individual throughout the night.
At Trinity Homecare, all our live-in carers are professionally trained and experienced in the care they give. We carry out thorough background checks so our clients can have peace of mind that they are receiving safe and high-quality home care.
Duties of a live-in carer
Trinity live-in carers can provide a range of care and support to help with all aspects of daily living at home.
Trinity carers can carry out many tasks, including:
- Personal Care – such as bathing, dressing, shaving and toileting
- Household chores – cleaning, tidying and laundry, for example
- Cooking nutritious meals – and help with eating and drinking if needed
- Morning and evening routines – helping you to maintain your daily schedule
- Mobility support – such as assistance moving around the home with walking sticks or frames, to using specialist equipment like hoists and re-turns
- Grocery shopping, collecting prescriptions and other errands
- Medication reminders and assistance
- Caring for household pets – such as feeding and walking the dog
- Companionship and emotional support
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals
- Help with appointments and outings
Types of live-in care
Our range of home care services is tailored to the individual needs of each of our clients, ensuring that we provide the highest quality one-to-one care possible. Before we start a care assignment we work closely with the individual and their family to understand their care needs, enabling us to create a personal care plan that fits their exact needs.
Our range of home care services includes:
- Live-in care – for support whenever you need it
- Visiting care – from as little as a one-hour visit a few times a week up to several visits per day
- Couples care – a very cost-efficient way of receiving care at home, enabling couples to stay together
- Specialist care for complex conditions – such as dementia, MS and Parkinson’s
- 24-hour care – 24/7 care for those needing active care throughout the day and night
- Respite care – short-term care to cover for an existing caregiver or temporary care
- Palliative care – compassionate end-of-life care
To learn more about live-in care, download our free Live-in Care Guide.
Can live-in care benefit your loved one?
Live-in care is perfect for anyone who lives in their own home and requires some level of care and support to live well. Many of our elders now live alone in the UK, and often far from family networks. Live-in care provides trustworthy, compassionate care, enabling people to remain independent in the home they love. Live-in care offers peace of mind for all the family, knowing that your loved one is safe and well cared for.
If you or an elderly loved one is finding daily living increasingly difficult at home, are feeling socially isolated and lonely, or have any type of short-term or long-term health need that requires support, live-in care could be the perfect solution.
Many families mistakenly believe that live-in care is the most expensive type of care for the elderly. In fact, live-in care costs are often comparable to that of moving into a residential nursing home, and in some cases cheaper – such as couples care where two individuals receive care and support from one live-in carer.
To learn more about the cost of live-in care compared to residential care, read our downloadable comparison guide.
Get in touch today
Get in touch today to find out how we can help you or your loved one live a comfortable and contented life at home. We offer a free no-obligation enquiry service, including a free at-home needs assessment, and are happy to answer any of your questions.