What are home care services?
Home care services include any professional support services that assist a person to live safely in their home. Home care services can help an elderly person who needs assistance to live independently; is managing chronic health issues; is recovering from a medical setback; or has special needs or a disability. Professional caregivers provide short-term care or long-term care in the home, depending on a person’s needs.
If you or a loved one is struggling to live independently at home then home care services could make all the difference to overall quality of life. Home care services are designed to support you or a loved one with personal and domestic tasks so you can live safely and independently in the comfort of your own home. Support can be given in a wide range of ways, from weekly or daily visits to live-in care. Live-in care involves a professional caregiver moving into your home to provide full-time assistance.
At Trinity Homecare, we offer a complete range of home care services tailored to your personal needs and wishes. With 25 years of experience in delivering safe, effective and compassionate home care services, you can rest assured you are getting the best care from professionals you can trust.
If you think that home care services could help you, get in touch with us at Trinity Homecare today on 0207 183 4884, or enquire online. We offer a free no-obligation enquiry and assessment service so there is no pressure on you to make any commitment.
When to consider home care services
If you have never used home care services before it can be difficult to know when it is the right time to enlist support. Acknowledging when we need help can be hard, especially if we have lived independently all our lives. People sometimes feel it shows failure and weakness, or fear loss of independence and control over their life. However, the reality is quite the opposite.
Home care services are designed to support you to continue living independently. In fact, home care services increase independence, quality of life and overall well-being. Allowing you to remain in the home you love, supported and safe, in the environment and community you know best.
The alternative to home care often involves moving into a residential care facility. The vast majority of people with care needs prefer to remain in the comfort of their own homes. Home care services can remove, or delay, the need for residential care.
Home care services can benefit you greatly if you:
- are finding it difficult to cope with daily routines, such as washing, dressing and getting out and about
- do not want to move into a care home
- are having trouble moving around your home safely on your own
- struggle to keep up with medications due to memory issues, confusion or physical difficulties
- find it hard to keep up with domestic tasks such as cleaning, laundry, or shopping
How home care services can improve your life
The benefits of home care are vast. Home care services not only increase independence, but they also nurture physical, emotional and physiological well-being. This maintains, or even improves, a person’s health, happiness and abilities. The advantages of home care go beyond the person receiving the care, it gives reassurance and respite to family and loved ones who may otherwise worry about them or struggle to help them.
Home care services can help:
- Maintain independence and freedom of choice
- Avoid moving into residential care and thus maintain daily routines and autonomy
- Provide bespoke one-to-one support for specific needs and preferences
- Remain in a much-loved home, surrounded by memories, pets and local community
- Give flexible support that can be efficiently adapted to changing needs
- Deliver condition-led support for learning disabilities, dementia care, palliative care, or other complex care requirements
- Provide relief to family caregivers
- Contribute to social interaction and companionship
- Save money, as home care is usually more affordable than residential care
What do home services involve?
At Trinity Homecare we work with you to develop a personal care plan to meet your needs and preferences so you get the support you want. Home care services can include support with any regular task or duty that enables you to continue living independently.
Home care services can help with:
- Personal care. Such as bathing, dressing and continence support.
- Managing medication. Help to administer medication and health monitoring, such as checking blood pressure or insulin levels.
- Household tasks. Any reasonable help around the home from cleaning, tidying, and doing the laundry, to walking the dog.
- Meal preparation. Home-cooked meals to ensure nutritional needs are met on a daily basis.
- Condition-led care. Support with existing health conditions such as dementia or palliative care.
- Mobility support. Help to move around the home safely to encourage physical activity and independence.
- Running errands. Such as collecting prescriptions, paying bills and doing grocery shopping.
- Companionship. The friendship and reassurance offered by a regular home carer cannot be underestimated in maintaining a person’s well-being.
- Outings. Visits to the coffee shop or local stores, arranging and accompanying to appointments, or simply a trip to the park
Why choose Trinity Homecare?
We at Trinity Homecare have been providing visiting care and live-in care services for more than 25 years. Our visiting care services are available to homes in Surrey and some areas in the surrounding counties and London. We also cover all mainland England with our live-in care service. Our professional and compassionate services have won multiple awards for their excellency. In our most recent inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), we were rated ‘Outstanding’, a rating only received by the top 3% of care providers in England. This means we have proven ourselves to provide safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led services.
Receiving care from Trinity Homecare means you will get a free, thorough assessment of your needs and wishes from a professional team. We involve family and loved ones in developing a personalised care plan just for you. And will continually monitor your care, seeking feedback, and adjusting your care plan as needed. We treat all our clients as individuals with the compassion and respect they deserve.
We provide a fully managed service, which means all of our staff are recruited, trained, and managed directly by our expert care management team. Our care staff are trained to a very high standard and we ensure they are continuously assessed.
Because of our experience and dedication to providing excellent and compassionate care, we have become one of the most trusted care providers in England. Our caregivers become like friends or family to the people they support. With our expertise, we know we can support you or your loved one to lead a happy, healthy life in the comfort of your home.
Talk to us today to find out how we can help
We offer a free, no-obligation enquiry service so you know you can get the information you require and take the time you need to make the best decision for you or your loved one.