Trusted and Rated
Book your space today and join the next Friends of Trinity event – The good ole days
Hosted by Angela Pritchard, join our next Friends of Trinity event that discusses the good ole days and how did we get along without today’s technology. Technology has advanced over the years. Communicating with friends, family and others around us has changed dramatically.
Reminiscence for the days gone when you had to either pre-arrange things. Take a chance and pop round to a friend hoping they would be in (no matter the weather).
Writing letters use to take days or weeks before you would get a reply, but now we live in a world where we send an email and often expect a reply by the end of the day.
The seminar will be discussing how did we get along without today’s technology:
- 1920 to 1970’s style telephones to modern smart phones
- The joy of pen to paper and writing a letter
- That trip out in the rain to see if a friend was in or wanted to do something
- If someone was out, you had to wait to contact them, no matter how long you had to wait
- Computers and the communication options they bring
This event is open to those living with dementia (either yourself or someone you know) and would like the opportunity to reminisce for the days gone, where communication took time and a little (or a lot of) patience.
Sign up to the 2pm event – Book now
Sign up to the 6pm event – Book now