Recent news has highlighted the risks of COVID-19 spreading within a care home setting, despite the very best efforts of their care staff working tirelessly to keep them safe and well.
Public Health England (PHE) data have revealed more than 9,000 confirmed deaths from COVID-19 in care homes across the UK. The fear that the actual number could be far higher still remains.
The latest figures show COVID-19 deaths have exceeded 30,000 across the UK, which was described as a “massive tragedy” by Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab. This means 1/4 of COVID-19 deaths have supposedly taken place in care homes.
Find out how live-in care at Trinity Homecare could support you and your loved ones, whilst relieving the burden on the NHS.
There is a solution: live-in care.
Live-in care provides one on one support, around the clock within the comfort of your own home. It significantly reduces interactions between people compared to care homes and effectively enables self-isolation and shielding. Live-in care enables the most vulnerable to be safe in their own home throughout this crisis.
The Live-in Care Hub’s most recent research across 21 live-in care providers shows that live-in care is the safest way to prevent infection as it effectively shields the vulnerable adult with a single or rotating live-in care worker.
As of the 28th April, 2020, the Live-in Care Hub has only two client cases of COVID-19 across 2,600 service users and 22 providers.
Home Care as an alternative solution
In order to support those urgently needing care during this growing crisis, Live-in care is very often a preferred alternative to care home.
With the opportunity to receive like-for-like round the clock care from the comfort of your own home, Trinity Homecare is able to provide you with a high standard of care that is rated as “outstanding” by the CQC.
How we can support you and your care needs
At Trinity Homecare, we can provide both visiting homecare or live-in care at a comparable cost to that of a care home.
Live-in care – also called 24hr home care – is an alternative to a care home, enabling elderly people to stay in their own home but with the same professional, round the clock care you would expect from a care home.
Live-in care means having a fully trained carer living with you in your own home to meet all your needs: help with washing, dressing, medication, preparing and eating food; help with chores, gardening and pet care. Perhaps most importantly a live-in carer provides physical and emotional support that allows you to remain in your own home, in familiar surroundings and continuing with hobbies just like you always have done.
Quite simply, live-in care helps elderly people remain independent, in their own home, with all the security of professional help close at hand 24/7.
We can respond quickly and effectively to any of the following scenarios:
- A family that is currently the main carer needs respite or becomes exposed to an illness.
- Support any Hospital discharge or post-op programs in the short, medium and longer-term
- Adapt our internal training programs to meet complex needs and specifically post COVID -19 treatment.
- Our teams are trained to spot early symptoms of COVID-19 and support fully where further hospital treatment may not be required.
- Our offices are operational 7 days a week with an experienced team that also provides 24-hour on-call support.
- We are market leaders in technology within the sector and recognised as “outstanding” in our 2019 CQC report for responsiveness.
- We are able to provide transparency and reassurance at all times with our digital care records accessible to next of kin.
What can be expected of Trinity Homecare’s Live-in Care Service?
Whether respite care for a couple of weeks is required or a more long term solution, these are the benefits of Trinity Homecare’s live-in care service:
- Our care workers will have priority to shop for essentials during set times of the day, ensuring our service users never go without
- Our service users won’t need to go to the pharmacist- Our care workers are able to pick up prescriptions and are trained to assist with any medication
- All of our TrinityCarers demonstrate our values in being personal, trusted and caring. When choosing Trinity Homecare, our service users will receive a helping companion who can support them in more ways than one.
- All of our service users will receive a bespoke care plan so that they can continue with their usual routines and lifestyles as much as possible
- Trinity Homecare offers a broad range of services which include; personal care such as bathing, dressing and continence care, Domestic tasks such as cleaning, bed making, and keeping the house in good order.
- We are able to provide specialist Care for conditions such as Dementia, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis and Complex conditions.
Awards and Accreditations
Trinity Homecare is rated as “Outstanding” by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) and provides round the clock care to many vulnerable adults around the Home Counties, right from the comfort of their own home. With multiple awards and accreditations, you will have peace of mind knowing that the safest of care will be provided.
Get in touch
If you are considering live-in care as an option, then book a call with a member of the team today. We understand that COVID-19 is rapidly changing and so we have a dedicated page that can provide you with regular updates and advice. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by booking a call or calling us directly on 0207 183 4884.