Care at home – reducing risks of COVID-19 with visiting care
Recent news has highlighted the risks of COVID-19 spreading within a care home setting, despite the very best efforts of their care staff working tirelessly to keep them safe and well.
The latest figures show COVID-19 deaths have exceeded 30,000 across the UK, which was described as a “massive tragedy” by Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab. This means 1/4 of COVID-19 deaths have supposedly taken place in care homes.
We have noted that live-in care at Trinity Homecare is a far safer alternative, whilst relieving the burden on the NHS. Visiting care is also a far safer form of care that allows flexibility, as well as consistency.
Visiting Care during COVID-19
Trinity Homecare’s visiting care service is a safe alternative to a care home, at a time when the risks of cross-transmission within care and nursing homes are becoming a great concern. At Trinity Homecare, we are actively reducing the number of care workers that visit a client and are ensuring that full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used at all times. This mitigates these risks, whilst ensuring the safety of both our clients and care workers.
Why choose Trinity?
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC
- Award-winning care provider
- Our knowledge, experience and infrastructure allow us to provide dedicated support to those who need it quickly and safely during this difficult time
- Dedicated carers who are employed and trained by Trinity Homecare
- A care plan tailored to suit your individual care needs, overseen by your dedicated Care Manager
- Trinity Care helps to ease the strain on the NHS and care homes – we can help facilitate rapid and safe discharges
- Tailored to your needs
Our dedicated Visiting Carers can assist you or your loved ones by:
- Keyworker status – enabling us to access dedicated shopping hours allocated to social care
- Collecting and administering medication
- Managing conditions such as dementia, strokes and complex health conditions
- Conducting household jobs such as Handling the cooking, cleaning for our clients and ensuring the smooth running of the house
- Helping the elderly to self-isolate comfortably and safely
- Ensuring a safe living environment and managing infection control
Find out more
Our Visiting Home Care services are available across the following South West London and Surrey. To find out more about our visiting care service, why not download our visiting care guide or book in a call with an experienced care consultant?