Finance Manager Job Description
This vacancy is now filled
Trinity Homecare seeks a new Finance Manager in Q1 2017. We are an owner managed, innovative, fast growing health and social care business. Our vision is to enable people to live independent, fulfilled lives within the comfort of their own homes. The business has grown 10x since the current directors acquired the business in 2012 and our target is to grow a further 3x over the next 3-5 years.
We seek someone who is proactive, energetic, ambitious and self-motivated to join the senior management team of this fast growing care business. The core purpose of the role is to lead the finance function and add value by developing and managing robust financial processes and in turn create accurate, insightful and timely reports to support and inform the strategic and operational direction of the business. This person will be someone who is stimulated by being part of a growing company and by the challenges and opportunities of working a dynamic business.
The Finance Manager role will report directly into the Managing Director.
The successful candidate is likely to be either a part qualified accountant or qualified for the role through having experience in a senior financial role in industry. You must have a commercial mind, excellent attention to detail and most importantly be a strong communicator to inspire not only your own team but other internal and external stakeholders in order for them to understand finances in simpler terms.
Finance Manager Specific Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the finance function ensuring quality outputs of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes (e.g. payroll, purchase ledger, sales ledger, budgets and management accounts).
- Manage credit control and improve debtor days ratio against an internally set target based on industry averages in order to maximise cash flows.
- Own the visibility of business performance from creation of budgets, profit and loss reports, reporting of management information including financial and non-financial KPIs, and proactive variance analysis that prompts action to address adverse trends.
- Identify, investigate, and analyse potential operational improvement and as appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.) and ensure that such policies and procedures are documented.
- To support the growth of the business by ensuring bids, tenders, pricing and investment decisions are made with clarity of profit margin delivery.
- Recognise the importance of operating in a highly regulated environment – in this case Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure required compliance is consistently met through initiating the appropriate levels of auditing.
- To ensure the business meets statutory obligations (e.g. statutory filings, VAT returns, company secretarial, insurances).
- To support the Directors in key commercial decisions (e.g. acquisitions, projects).
Finance Manager General Responsibilities:
- Manage the part time book-keeper
- Analyse financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets – actual versus target.
- Ensure regular payment runs are taking place and focusing on the cash-flow of the business.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
This vacancy is now filled.