South Africa carers looking to work in the UK
We know there is a shortfall of carers in the UK to meet the country’s current needs. Many of the people who make up a large portion of Britain’s carers are from overseas. Political factors including Brexit and the coronavirus pandemic have meant that the influx of skilled workers from Africa has significantly reduced.
In November, 11 countries were introduced to the travel red list, stopping people from these countries from entering the UK. However, from 4am Wednesday 15th December the government removed all 11 countries from the UK’s travel red list.
This change will now allow people from South Africa and other countries, who meet the employment criteria, to find work in the UK. Recruiting carers from South Africa is now possible.
Care work in England offers a great opportunity to enjoy the rich cultural heritage of Britain and Europe while earning good money to pay for it all.
Above all, working in care is an extremely rewarding career choice, especially if you are the kind of compassionate person that lives to put a smile on someone’s face. If you are from one of these countries and you want to work with one of the best care companies in the UK, apply here or read on for more details.
Subject to terms and conditions, we will aim to cover any associated quarantine costs to the UK should they be re-introduced.
Work for an ‘Outstanding’ rated company
Trinity Homecare is rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission, who regulate all health and social care companies in England and Wales. We offer a wide range of care services to make a real difference to people’s lives. We already employ many South African carers who are an essential part of the Trinity team.
Carolyn is a live-in carer for Trinity Homecare currently based in Woking in Surrey. Originally from South Africa, Carolyn now lives in the UK. She divides her time between the UK and South Africa and is a valued member of staff. She says
“After running my own restaurant business for many years, I fancied a complete change of direction and wanted to focus on a career that allowed me to help others”
“Live-in care provision is what appeals to me, and I was impressed with the way that Trinity Homecare had a comprehensive framework in place which focuses on the needs of the patient.”
Read Carolyn’s full case study.
Being a Live-in Carer in the UK
The job of a live-in carer is to support vulnerable adults and the elderly to live comfortably and safely in their own homes. This includes home help, companionship, personal care, and sometimes support with advanced and complex conditions.
We are looking for compassionate and empathetic applicants with a proactive attitude to life. Full training is provided as part of your induction.
What do you get as a Trinity carer?
- Our most qualified staff earn up-to £840 per week although, it would usually range from £88 – £100 per day
- Free induction training to Care Certificate Level from our qualified Trinity trainers
- Paid board and lodging whilst you are on an assignment in the client’s home
- Benefits of our refer-a-friend scheme via a smart app
- Enhanced bank holiday pay rates up to double time
- 28 days holiday pay pro-rated and pension scheme
- Tax and national insurance are deducted at source
- Free uniform and PPE
What are we looking for in a carer?
- A caring, compassionate and empathetic nature
- Dedication, reliability and commitment
- Some flexibility as you will be supporting people in their own homes
- Fluency in English as well as good written and spoken communication skills
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Ideally car drivers with or without a car but a licence valid for use in the UK